Unclaimed Monies

The City of San Bernardino Municipal Water Department (Department) is in possession of Unclaimed Monies belonging to individuals and organizations doing business with or receiving services from the Department. Unclaimed monies may result from overpayment on closed utility accounts, refund checks that remain uncashed, or refunds that are returned to the Department as undeliverable by the postal service due to no forwarding address provided. Checks may also remain un-cashed for various reasons including being lost or destroyed.

Unclaimed monies list are generally published twice per calendar year. Please review the following list to locate unclaimed monies that might be owed to yourself or your business. View the Unclaimed Property List.

Filing Process

If after reviewing the Unclaimed Monies Listing, you have determined that there may be funds belonging to you or your business, print the Unclaimed Property Form following the filing Instructions provided below.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The City of San Bernardino Municipal Water Department has a duty to release funds only to the rightful payee. In this regard, we ask the payees to provide documentation to validate their claim to ensure that no one but the rightful payee can receive unclaimed monies.

If you are filing a claim for which there are multiple payees, please note that each payee must sign the claim form and submit the required documentation.

Required Documentation for Individuals:

  • A copy of current photo identification for each claimant
  • Verification of address, if mailing address is different from original mailing address on photo identification
  • Completed and signed Unclaimed Property Request form

Required Documentation for Businesses and other entities:

  • Copy of current photo identification for the authorized agent signing form
  • Letter of authorization on company letterhead with the names of officers or officials with authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business
  • If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement
  • If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution
  • Completed and signed unclaimed Property Request form

Unclaimed Monies forms may be mailed to:

City of San Bernardino Municipal Water Department 

Customer Service Unclaimed Monies

P O Box 710 

San Bernardino, CA 92401

Upon receipt of the claim form, the Department will review to determine if the documentation and evidence provided is adequate to prove ownership. Please allow 2-4 weeks processing time.