Do I need a fire service?

Any time fire sprinklers are being installed a fire service will be needed as well within SBMWD’s Water Service Area. A fire service has a minimum diameter size of 1 inch and will not be charged an Acquisition of Service Charge, only materials and labor for its installation. Please check with the San Bernardino County Fire Department and San Bernardino Building & Safety if fire sprinklers will be required for your project. A good rule of thumb for all new homes, commercial, and industrial structures, fire sprinklers will be required along with home additions over 499 square feet.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a water service/s or upgrade my current service for my property?
2. After I pay my water invoice, who do I call to schedule water installation?
3. Once I receive my Engineering invoice, where do I make my payment?
4. How long does it take to process a water or sewer application after payment is accepted?
5. How much will my monthly bill for water and sewer be?
6. Do I need a fire service?
7. How can I obtain a fire flow test?
8. How do I connect the Public Sewer system and how much is it to connect?
9. What are Sewer Capacity fees?
10. Do I need a City Permit to do sewer lateral repair work on my property?
11. How often should my sewer lateral be cleaned?
12. How do I know if my sewer lateral needs repair or replacement?
13. Who owns and maintains my sewer lateral?
14. How do I know if I have a septic system or am connected to the sewer main?
15. I’m on a septic system, and it needs to be replaced. May I replace it with a new one?
16. How do I request water and/or Sewer Atlas Maps?