Do I need a City Permit to do sewer lateral repair work on my property?

Yes, you need a permit to perform lateral work in the public right way (Public Works) and on your property you will need a permit from Building and Safety. When conducting work on an existing sewer lateral,  you will also need to obtain a Sewer Connection Permit through SBMWD.  Please use the Sewer Application & with appropriate fees to Customer Service. SBMWD's Sewer Collection Section will inspect the repair to the lateral to be sure it is in good condition before returning to service. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a water service/s or upgrade my current service for my property?
2. After I pay my water invoice, who do I call to schedule water installation?
3. Once I receive my Engineering invoice, where do I make my payment?
4. How long does it take to process a water or sewer application after payment is accepted?
5. How much will my monthly bill for water and sewer be?
6. Do I need a fire service?
7. How can I obtain a fire flow test?
8. How do I connect the Public Sewer system and how much is it to connect?
9. What are Sewer Capacity fees?
10. Do I need a City Permit to do sewer lateral repair work on my property?
11. How often should my sewer lateral be cleaned?
12. How do I know if my sewer lateral needs repair or replacement?
13. Who owns and maintains my sewer lateral?
14. How do I know if I have a septic system or am connected to the sewer main?
15. I’m on a septic system, and it needs to be replaced. May I replace it with a new one?
16. How do I request water and/or Sewer Atlas Maps?